Skip to main content

Home

Hi, Welcome to My Blog!!


In this semester, I am taking a module called Chemical Product Design and Development. I will be documenting about everything I learn on this blog. 
I am thrilled to start this module because I get to learn new skills such as laser cutting and Arduino Programming that will help refine my team's product idea. I am from Team Trio, and our team's product idea is an air-to-water machine which will absorb water vapour in the air and produce clean drinkable water. 

My Personal Goals

I want to improve my CAD skills on Fusion360. This is because I believe that 3D printing will be very important and relevant in future. Therefore, by mastering my CAD skills, I will be able to create many different product ideas with ease. 

Another one of my personal goals is to master experimental designs. I believe that it will be very important that we know how to create experiments that will help us determine the objective accurately. This can help us a lot in our Final Year Project in Year 3, and also in future if I decide to work in research field. 

Strategies that will Help me Achieve my Goals

To improve on my CAD skills, I can learn more by practicing what I have learnt before to master the basics. I can further improve by doing more research about CAD skills on the internet. Then, I can start practicing by creating certain designs. This will help me deepen my knowledge about Fusion360, and I will also gain more experience in this software. If I have any further doubts or questions, I will find a time to consult my lecturers to fill my learning gap.

To master experimental designs, firstly, I will need to pay attention in class and also do my own research on areas that I am not sure about. Secondly, I can use what I learn to think of  certain experiments my team can do for our chemical product. This will help me familiarize with the steps to create experiments, and it could be very helpful in our Final Year Project. 

To Determine whether I have Achieved my Goals

For improving my CAD skills, I should be able to create complex designs and I should be able to create a detailed model of my team's chemical product. 

For mastering experimental designs, I should know how to create detailed experiments to find the objective accurately. I should also be familiar with all the steps or ways to design experiments.

Team Formation


For the team formation exercise, we are tasked to discuss and list down our team's ground rules, assign roles and responsibilities, and decide on a day and time for a meeting. 

Ground Rules
  • Punctuality: always be on time for group discussion/meeting
  • Be responsive: equal contribution of ideas
  • Be consistent with high quality of work
  • Be responsible for your individual work: update blog regularly
Roles and Responsibilities 

Steward: Leader 
- Submit assignment on time 
- Ensure the team is on the right track 
- Allocate specific work for group members 
- Be open and listen to members’ opinion 

Kittitat: Recorder 
- Take note of the decision and idea made during discussion 
- Remind the group about the deadline of assignment 
- Ensure everyone is on task 

Yu Nander Aung: Organiser 
- Keep files and documents organized 
- Create a neat folder with all the files inside 

Day & Time to meet 
Monday 9pm to 12am

Comments